Program Coordinator (Cultural Diplomacy)
Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles – Greater Los Angeles Area
The Japan Information and Culture Center at the Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles is seeking to fill an entry level Program Coordinator position to advance our cultural diplomacy objectives. The ideal candidate should have a firm understanding of Japanese culture and society, as well as Japan’s foreign policies. The candidate should have strong communication skills, an event organizing background and outreach capabilities including web design and the use of social media. The candidate must be able to function as a team player in a Japanese bureaucracy and understand the role of the Japanese Consulate.
– Assisting in the planning and execution of Consulate-sponsored events;
– Responding to inquiries from the public pertaining to Japan;
– Effectively disseminating informational materials;
– Coordinating with public and non-profit institutions in our outreach efforts;
– Drafting simple messages and speeches in English and preferably in Japanese;
– Administrative duties and other requirements within the Consulate.
The Program Coordinator reports to the Deputy Director and the Director of the Japan Information and Culture Center.
– Work authorization in the U.S;
– A Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2-3 years of working experience;
– Some working experience in either Japan or in a Japanese speaking environment.
JET Programme participants welcomed;
– Clear and concise oral and written communication skills;
– Computer literacy: basic web design skills; knowledge of social media;
– Native level Japanese acquired through formal education preferred but not required.
Send cover letter, resume, and self-introduction in Japanese to arrive by January 31, 2013 to:
Attn: Program Coordinator Position
Japan Information and Culture Center
Consulate General of Japan
350 S. Grand Ave., Suite 1700
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Or e-mail to outreach at la-cgjapan dot org with subject line “Program Coordinator Position”