Video game translation position available. Forwarded to us by a former JET!
Voltage, Inc. is looking to expand its lineup of translated games and is in need of Japanese to English translators who have experience translating scripts for video games. Voltage is a pioneer in the field of romance simulation apps for a female audience in Japan and continues to lead the industry.
Translators will be provided with scripts from Voltage’s “Koi-game” series and will translate these into English. Emphasis will be on creating a script that will appeal to English-speaking users rather than creating a direct translation of the original script. Scripts should be translated into American English rather than British English.
– Must have strong understanding of both Japanese and English grammar.
– Experience translating scripts for video games or apps.
– Japanese Language Proficiency Test N1 level or equivalent reading comprehension in Japanese.
– Bonus points for experience in script writing.
1. Main Story: 17 chapters per character.
2. Epilogue: 3 chapters per character.
3. Sequel: 10 chapters per character.
4. Spin off: Varies between games.
There are about 5000 characters per script and there will be about 200,000 to 250,000 characters to translate each month.
3 Cents per character.
All references to “characters” refer to the Japanese characters in the original text.
If you are interested, please submit your resume and a translation sample to: l10n (at) voltage-ent (dot) com