Maruichi Japanese Grocery and Deli is looking for a bilingual (English and Japanese) Evening Shift Supervisor Position. This position comes with medical benefits and is a full-time job. Maruichi is a rapidly growing company, so the potential for growth within the company is large.
The details are as follows:
Title: Evening Shift Supervisor
- Must be bilingual in English and Japanese (preferably at least N2 proficiency).
- Must have familiarity with Japanese food, groceries, and food traditions relating to holidays.
- Strongly prefer candidates with customer service experience
- Strongly prefer candidates with leadership experience
- Be available to work weekday evenings and one weekend day per week
- Handle customer service interactions with both Japanese and English speaking customers as they arise to find equitable resolutions.
- Be able to use standard Tokyo customer service keigo when interacting with Japanese customers.
- Lead the other team members to serving customers in a courteous and efficient manner
- Lead the other team members in stocking and organizing during slow times
- Be able to communicate important issues to the Store Manager as necessary
- Close the store, count down the cash drawers, and lock up
- Salary is commensurate with experience, starting at $15.00/hr for staff with no background. - Medical Benefits/ Health Insurance
- Paid sick leave
- Store discounts
- Skilled staff with excellent product knowledge may be asked to become a purchaser. This position interacts with Japanese wholesale distribution companies. This requires business proficiency in Japanese and basic understanding of Japanese business culture. Salary raise commensurate with increased responsibilities.
-Excellent leaders may be asked to take on management responsibilities at new Maruichi locations. We opened 2 new locations in 2020 and are on track for 3 more in 2021.