Part-Time: Future Global Leaders Program, Trip Leaders needed for November Programs
ADZ Group is looking for Trip Leaders for their Future Global Leaders Programs this November. They have hired many JET Alumni in the past, and it is a great opportunity to interact with Japanese students again.
November 7-15, 2014: Looking to hire 1 Trip Leader for this program. Person must already be located in the Boston area.
November 30-December 4: Looking to hire 6 Trip Leaders for this program in Boston. Will welcome a few candidates from other cities for this program as they can stay in the hotel during the program; however, will not provide compensation for candidates to get to Boston for the program.
Full details: http://www.adzgroup.net/content/careers
Future Global Leaders Program – Trip Leader
Multiple positions available for Fall 2014
If you are highly self-motivated, passionate about intercultural experiences and an independent worker this position is for you. Individuals who are attracted to making a notable difference in people’s lives around the world would really enjoy this role.
JOB SUMMARY The FGLP Trip Leader is responsible for the overall quality and execution of the Program. You will be a teacher, mentor and friend to the students while coordinating with other Trip Leaders as appropriate. This role is similar to, though broader than, a camp counselor. The Trip Leader plays a major role in student life. Following the detailed and pre-arranged Program itinerary provided, Trip Leaders lead students on excursions. You will have responsibility for the overall Program execution, the quality of the Program and students’ satisfaction.
This role is for the Program duration and usually requires the candidate to live in the hotel or dormitory with the students and to have most or all meals with the participants. Prior to a Program there will be approximately 5 hours of preparatory work which can mostly be done on your own schedule and there will be approximately 2-3 hours of administrative work after completion of each Program.
· Teach about American culture and help to make every moment a learning moment
· Lead discussions in a relaxed setting daily for approximately 2 hours
· Supervise activities and chaperone
· Ensure that every student is safe, both physically and emotionally
· Suggest Program improvements wherever possible
· Any other tasks necessary for the successful operation of the Program
· High level of energy
· Excellent interpersonal and good organizational skills
· Highly reliable and able to work independently after initial training
· Interest in education and international culture are important
· Speak, read and write fluent English
· Must be over 18 and able to legally work in the United States without work visa assistance
· First aid certification, teaching experience and the ability to speak an Asian language are bonuses, but not requirements
· University degree in any subject is strongly preferred
COMPENSATION Compensation for this position depends upon the specific details of each Programs and your skills and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE We fill positions as we identify qualified candidates and so encourage you to submit an application as soon as possible.
CONTACT Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume for this position to staff[at]adzgroup.net. You may also submit questions to that email address. No phone calls please.
Only individuals should apply. Recruiters please do not contact us and please do not contact us about other services or products. Submissions received from search firms and recruitment agencies are considered unsolicited and will be kept as Adz Group’s property or deleted as appropriate unless a contractual obligation exists between Adz Group and an agency prior to submission.