Job Announcement – JET Program Interview Assistant
The Japan Information Center at the Consulate General of Japan at Chicago seeks an Interview Assistant to help coordinate the JET Program Interviews for 2013. Please note: this is a part-time, temporary position.
1. Assist with JET Interviews (tentatively, February 18-23), which includes but is not limited to preparing documents, attending to the judges, keeping scores
2. Other responsibilities pertaining to the JET Program and JIC activities
1. Alumni of the JET program
2. Excellent organization and communication skills
3. Must be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel
The schedule is somewhat flexible. Office hours for each day are normally 9:15 AM – 5 PM , with a lunch break from 12:15 PM – 1:15 PM. Before and after the JET Interview week, work can be scheduled in half-days. During the JET Interview week, however, you must work full days and on Saturday. Successful candidate will discuss their specific work dates with JIC staff.
February 4 – March 31, 2013 (up to 210 hours in total)
$15 per hour
After the initial screening, you will receive an email or call letting you know if you have been granted an in-person interview at the Consulate office.
SUBMIT RESUMES TO:
Program & MEXT Scholarship Coordinator
Consulate General of Japan at Chicago
Japan Information Center
737 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 1000
Chicago, IL 60611
agilkeson at japancc dot org
Resumes are due no later than Monday, January 21, 2013.